Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanks, Lenny!

Here's some news from the myeloma world that I'm a little late in posting. I would have blogged it earlier, but I was out of town most of last week eating my own weight in pumpkin pie. My brother-in-law cooked the turkey outside on the grill; it was excellent. Now I waddle everywhere I go.

Anyway, I learned this great fact last week from Beth's Myeloma Blog: Actor Michael McKean, also known as one of the members of Spinal Tap, the evil neighbor in The Brady Bunch Movie, and Lenny from Laverne and Shirley ...



... won Celebrity Jeopardy and split his winnings between the International Myeloma Foundation and another charity. This means the IMF got $25,000 from Lenny! Woo hoo! According to some other bloggers, he swept the category on -- heh -- Stonehenge. (Remember? From Spinal Tap? Oh, never mind.) But I think the very best part of this story is that he beat the U.S. Secretary of Education. Heh.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Dear Cancer Girl:
What a great blog! What a fantastic writer you are! I will visit again.

I'm a SAHM, I teach Kindermusik (love your WCB moniker), my mom has MM, and I'm hitting the blogs to learn more first hand experiences in REAL TIME.

Thanks for all you do. Keep up the good work MOVING FORWARD.
g