Friday, August 11, 2006

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV

Thanks to the three additional people who played my Fantasy Doctor game. I guess there are a few people out there who aren't too busy fantasizing about George Clooney. Hey, anyone remember when he was on The Facts of Life?



Rad!

Anyway. Yvette said her dream doctor is Matthew McConaughey, who played a doctor in The Wedding Planner. I say it doesn't matter if he's playing a doctor or not; he eases the pain.



Next, Rachel voted for Dr. Greene from E.R.


Ah, Dr. Greene. He was somewhat nerdy looking, at least in the world of TV doctors, so you knew that he was really smart. I've had this theory for a long time, ever since a young, good-looking dentist wanted to take out my wisdom teeth several years ago. He didn't even go by his last name. He went by "Dr. Luke."

"I want someone who looks like he studied in dental school," I told anyone who would listen. "Not someone who looks like he spent all of his time chasing women and serving as kegmeister of his fraternity." Nobody bought my argument. The teeth came out. I'm a really terrible dental patient.

Anyway. Poor Dr. Greene. Too bad about that killer brain tumor, as well as that killer plane crash in Top Gun. It wasn't Mav's fault, even though he blamed himself.

Finally, DavidE suggested the cast of St. Elsewhere.



I never watched this show. I think maybe it was on past my bedtime, or maybe it was on opposite Alf. Remember Alf? He's back. In blog form.

2 comments:

Karen's Sister said...

Okay, you mentioned Hawkeye Pierce in one of your posts. And as cool as that would be, I'd hate to be in a hospital in a war zone. Somehow, having bombs fall on you as you recover would complicate things.

So, as an alternative, I'd go to the hospital where they all went after the war. Remember the very short-lived "After MASH"? Heh, if humor is the best medicine, how about having Corporal Klinger run around your room in a dress?

Karen's brother-in-law said...

"Hi Everybody! I'm Dr. Nick!" - That's who I'd go see, because "Inflammable means flammable?"