Thursday, August 03, 2006

Four things

I got this e-mail forward from my friend Elizabeth. It's one of those quizzes where you answer all of the questions about yourself and send it to all of your friends. I figure my friends are sick of getting these from me in their in-boxes (because I just love them and always do them), so I figured I'd just post it to the good old blog. If you have a blog, I invite you to post answers of your own.

Four Things About Me

Things you may not have known about me.....

Four jobs I have had in my life
1. Stay-at-home mom
2. Greeting card writer
3. Copy editor at a car magazine
4. Babysitter

Four movies I have watched over and over
There are way more than four that fit into this category, but here are the first four that come to mind ...
1. Cocktail (Even though Tom is Officially Crazy now, I still love this movie in a "So bad it's good" way; I need to buy a DVD copy because my VHS is about shot from overuse. Sad.)
2. Forrest Gump
3. The Jerk
4. Most Judy Garland movies. One I can never get enough of is "For Me and My Gal" with Gene Kelly.

Four places I have lived
1. Council Bluffs, Iowa
2. Vermillion, South Dakota
3. White Bear Lake, Minnesota
4. Kansas City, Missouri

Four TV shows I love to watch
1. Lost (on DVD. I'm only partway through Season One, so if anyone makes a peep about what happens in Season Two, I will keeel you.)
2. Scrubs
3. The Office
4. My Name is Earl
(I'd list Arrested Development if it hadn't been taken off the air. Grrr.)

Four places I have been on vacation
Again, there are way more than four, as my parents were big believers in the Great American Road Trip.
1. Alaska (And this one was a road trip! I was seven. My sister and I were in the back of the truck ... I think this is a whole separate blog entry)
2. England
3. Disney World
4. New York City

Four of my favorite foods
1. Mashed potatoes and gravy
2. Chips and Margarita's salsa
3. Chocolate chip cookies
4. Black jellybeans

Four Places I would rather be right now:
1. Anywhere that's not in this house, since I've been spending about 23 hours a day here during the heat wave
2. Disney World
3. Disneyland
4. In bed asleep

5 comments:

DavidE said...

Four Things About Me
Things you may not have known about me.....

Four jobs I have had in my life
1. Lawn mower
2. Cook/dishwasher
3. Landscaping Laborer
4. Long Distance Operator
(#4 was the worst of the group!)

Four movies I have watched over and over
1. Usual Suspects
2. Lord of the Rings (all 3)
3. Uncle Buck
4. Saving Private Ryan

Four places I have lived
1. St. Louis, MO
2. Arlington, TX
3. Columbia, MO
4. Overland Park, KS

Four TV shows I love to watch
1. My Name is Earl
2. Deadwood
3. The Soprano's
4. How I Met Your Mother

Four places I have been on vacation
1. Stockholm Sweden
2. Beaminster England
3. Anna Maria Island, FL
4. New York City

Four of my favorite foods
1. Salmon
2. SPIN Pizza
3. A fresh, crisp Gala apple
4. My breakfast smoothie

Four Places I would rather be right now:
1. Any disc golf course
2. Anna Maria Island, FL
3. On a raft, in the Lake of the Ozarks
4. Anywhere that my wife is at!

John Wagner said...

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Cook in a hospital
2. Russian Linguist in the Air Force
3. Probation Officer
4. Trainer for state health department in HIV/STD/Hep C subjects

Four movies I have watched over and over:
1. Care Bears
2. Cinderella
3. Annie
4. Steel Magnolias
(OK, so these were all favorites of my daughters but I still had to endure, uh, watch them over and over.) I rarely watch a movie twice on my own.

Four places I have lived:
1. Owego, NY
2. San Angelo, TX
3. Augsburg, Germany
4. Berlin, Germany
(and at least 9 other places)

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. CSI whatever
2. Kyle XY
3. 24
4. Jeopardy

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Vienna, Austria
2. Amsterdam, Holland
3. Venice, Italy
4. Interlaken, Switzerland
(and some great spots in the USA)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Wienerschnitzel
2. Veal Parmigane
3. Strawberry Shortcake
4. Wheaties, Special K, strawberries, blueberries, and flax seed combo for breakfast

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Back home with my wife for my birthday (I am in an El Paso hotel)
2. Back home with my wife
3. Hawaii with my wife
4. Back home with my wife

DavidE said...

John Wagner shows both his childish and feminie side in one post, woo hoo!!!
At least it wasn;t 'Transformers' and 'Thelma and Louise'!!

Lisa C said...

Four Things About Me

Things you may not have known about me.....

Four jobs I have had in my life
1. Stay-at-home mom
2. Elementary School Teacher
3. Pizza Hut Cafe Hostess (absolutely dreadful)
4. Lifegaurd

Four movies I have watched over and over
1. Amelie (I even have a garden gnome.)
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's
3. Sliding Doors
4. A River Runs Through It

Four places I have lived
1. Wichita, Kansas
2. New Orleans (Yikes - what a weird city!)
3. London
4. Cincinnati, Ohio

Four TV shows I love to watch
1. Lost (I am sooo sucked in!)
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Super Nanny :)
4. Anything on National Geographic

Four places I have been on vacation
1. Ireland
2. Belize
3. Barcelona, Spain
4. San Francisco

Four of my favorite foods
1. Lasagna
2. Mexican
3. Peanut Butter
4. Bananas

Four Places I would rather be right now:
1. Hiking (anywhere cool)
2. Scuba Diving
3. On vacation with just my husband
4. In bed asleep! (I love my sleep)

jill said...

Thanks Lisa C! I thought I was the only person on earth who had watched Sliding Doors more than once. I even own it. Seriously people, it has a good message!