Thursday, June 22, 2006

Karen vs. The Sun

WCB has been getting up earlier and earlier and earlier. As much as I love seeing her smiley little face and sticking-up hair in the morning, I'd love it even more around, oh, at least 7:30 a.m. I am not a morning person. I never have been, and I never will be. I think I'm part vampire. My theory is that she's waking up because it gets light out so early now. The summer solstice just made my Official Enemy List.

Karen's Official Enemy List:

1. Marcia Brady
2. Dr. Laura
3. People who use apostrophes incorrectly
4. The summer solstice

Watch your back, summer solstice!

2 comments:

Lizard Eater said...

"Yeah, Baby!" on all of them, especially number 3. How much of a nerd am I ... a few months after LW had been diagnosed with Wilms' Tumor, and I'd seen it as Wilm's, Wilms' and Wilms, I researched it to find the correct apostrophe usage. Assumed it was Wilm's and was wrong, as it was named after So-and-So Wilms, thus it is Wilms'.

So, have you read "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"?

DavidE said...

When our own WCB was little we ran into the same issue, really bad becasue his window faced east! They make windows shades that are lined so it keeps the room dark...best $ we ever spent!
Look at Home Depot etc.