Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Fish are cool

We took WCB to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha, NE over the weekend. I grew up near Omaha, so I went to the zoo all the time as a kid. I hadn't been there in years. It's probably one of the best zoos in the country. Nobody ever believes me, because it's in, well, Omaha, but you absolutely must go if you have never been. Trust me.

We met up with my two best friends from college, their spouses, and their two kids each. That's right: We had five kids under the age of three. It wasn't nearly as scary as it sounds. One of the boys was WCB's future husband, Tom, but he seemed more interested in the zoo train than in his future wife. We'll work on him.

WCB's favorite part was the aquarium. She stood pressed against the glass forever, just watching those fish. She'd probably still be standing there if we'd allowed it.

1 comment:

Dusko Bojic said...

Join responsible fish-keeping at www.aquariumpoetry.blogspot.com

Kind regards, Dusko.