Monday, June 12, 2006

Deck-a lecka hi, deck-a hiney ho*

* Anybody else remember this from the genie on Pee Wee's Playhouse? Or is it just me?

Anyway, our deck is finished!! Woo hoo! My parents came back over the weekend, and my dad and Jay turned into deck-building maniacs. WCB absolutely loved watching the deck-building from the window. I wonder if I should be alarmed by her extreme interest in power tools.

The deck is just great. Now we don't have to grill -- and eat our grilled food -- in the driveway anymore!

I should also mention that I won the Super Scrabble Championship Game. I made ENTOMBS for 99 points. Oh, yes.

3 comments:

tk said...

You are the Queen of Scrabble! You should play with Richard. We played quite a bit while during our forced exile in Rochester. He beat me regularly, even all whacked out on compazine, cyclosporine, and numerous other mind altering drugs.

I remember PeeWee, but never watched.

John Wagner said...

I only saw bits and pieces of PeeWee's playhouse. I did watch one of his crazy movies with the kids. Unfortunately now when I hear of PeeWee, all I can think of is that unfortunate incident in the Florida theater and his horrible mugshot. Talk about innocence lost!

DavidE said...

Pee-Wee re-runs are being played on cable right now! If you're interested I'll get the details.

BTW - I LOVED Pee-Wee's Play House, it always had that psycadelic(sp?) overture, like the original WIlly Wonka and Dr. Doolittle!