Wednesday, May 31, 2006

They're heeeere!

Remember a few posts ago, when I worried about the new deck disturbing an ancient Indian burial ground? WCB has an extremely annoying toy shaped like a firefly. When you move its wings, it goes, "Ha ha HA HA ha!" or "Woo hoo!" or "Doing!" The firefly is lying in a toy pile on our bedroom floor, and last night around 2 a.m. it started going "Ha ha HA HA ha!" all by itself. Coincidence? I think not. It's just like the part in Poltergiest where the kid was attacked by the scary toy clown, except I was able to go back to sleep and I didn't get sucked into the closet. The closet could use a good cleaning, though. Maybe an evil-spirit-sucking would help. It would be a good excuse to go shopping, too. "I'll be at Eddie Bauer. All of my jeans got sucked into the Netherworld."

I'm also losing the championship Super Scrabble game. Again, I blame the evil spirits.

I do have some good news, though. Did you know there is a Dave Barry movie starring DAVE HIMSELF? Right now it has a "Very Long Wait" in Netflix. I don't know how long I can hold out. I might have to buy it. The fact that it went directly to DVD and probably nobody else has ever heard of it does not faze me in the least. I remain loyal to Dave.

2 comments:

tk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tk said...

We have one of those for our grandson. It also will occassionally come to life without provocation. We blame the cat.

.