Sunday, May 14, 2006

Par-TAY!

WCB's first birthday party was yesterday. It was such a great day with our family and friends. Usually when WCB is faced with a large crowd of well-wishers, she becomes Mayor of Fussy Town (which is the less fun suburb of Funky Town), but yesterday she did very well. She didn't dig into her little cake as we had hoped; instead she took a few tiny, dainty bites and ended up with just a dab of frosting on her nose. I suppose when you hold the official title of WCB, you feel that you should be careful not to muss your face. You don't want the WCB Runner Up swooping in and stealing your tiara.

She also received so many wonderful gifts ... but now it looks like a Toys R Us exploded in our living room.

Other good news: Right before the party, we found out that WCB's godparents, Dan and Vickie, welcomed their first baby -- a little boy. Congratulations! Now WCB has another boyfriend to choose from if that thing with two-year-old Tom doesn't work out.

And today is my first real Mother's Day. I sort of got to celebrate last year, because I was on-the-verge-of-exploding pregnant, but this year I get to celebrate for real. Jay and WCB are taking me out. Woo hoo!

A very happy Mother's Day to all of the other mothers out there. I hope everyone is nice to you, because you deserve it.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!! (That is so weird to be saying too that to the girl with whom I tried drinking cinnamon schnapps and Coke.)

deanna said...

Happy MD! Come on, crack open that bottle of Kahlua. (Did I spell that right?)

John Wagner said...

I hope your very first "OFFICIAL" Mother's Day was terrific!