Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bye, bye, Thalidomide pie

Last night I had a dream I was hanging out with a bunch of people who worked on my college newspaper staff. We ordered takeout food. I opened my Styrofoam container and said, "Oh, good, it's my Thalidomide pie!"

Thalidomide is one of the main drugs used to treat multiple myeloma. Yeah, it's the same drug that caused horrible birth defects back in the '60s.

In my dream, the Thalidomide pie looked like a big pile of salmon-colored yogurt. It also came with a baked potato on the side.

"Why did you order that?" someone asked.

"Oh, you know," I said, laughing hysterically, "I have a fatal disease!" In my dream, this was the Funniest. Thing. Ever.

Hmm. Yeah. Disturbing. I hope I don't need to order Thalidomide pie for a while.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thalidomide pie does sound scary. I did have a dream about Deanna AND the Volante the other night for some reason (amazing, since my main connection to both Deanna and the Volante is through you!). Deanna had just put out her first album, and it was being reviewed in the Volante music section. I was reading the review and talking to her about it. Where did that come from? I forgot about it until I read your post today. Good luck with the doctor visit.

Karen said...

Oh, I would give ANYTHING to hear DeAnna's first album!