Monday, April 03, 2006

'80s hits: They're in the dairy section

I never do full-blown grocery shopping at the Super Wal-Mart, mostly because it is so incredibly crowded, and the average Wal-Mart patron would think nothing of stepping on your neck to get to a Ziploc baggie display. This weekend, however, I decided to try it out. It wasn't that bad.

Here was the best part: When I opened the dairy case to get a gallon of milk, an unseen milk re-stocker was singing along -- sincere-but-terrible-American-Idol-audition style -- with the piped-in store music. It was '80s lite rock: "And... I'll ... be ... your ... friend ... (dadada) And ... I'll ... be ... your ... luv-ah ..."

You just don't get that at Hy-Vee.

1 comment:

tk said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I love it!I invite you to take a look at mine. It's also about myeloma. Can I post a link to your blog?